Wednesday 6 July 2011

Fixtures!

Fixture List Day!

Every fan looks forward to it, even if they don't care to admit it. Who you have on the first day of the season, who's selfish wedding planning has caused you to miss an away day at Port Vale and what corner of the country you'll be seeing in your birthday in whilst your team wishes you many happy returns by losing 4-0 and putting in a performance so abject that you don't even get abused by the away support. Ah, fixture list day. Footballs back soon. I don't have to pretend to like Cricket any longer.

Having expected to see the fixture list for Boreham Wood's new campaign delayed due to Rushden and Diamond's rather tragic fall from League One to financial meltdown, it was quite a relief when they withdrew their appeal against demotion and the fixture list went live. Now, I am pretty sure that I would get some rather hefty charges/threats/hired goons levelled my way if I was rude enough to copy and paste the fixture list, so here is a link to the official Blue Square South fixtures for Boreham Wood next season.

Once I got over the excitement and scanned for any potential clashes with pre-arranged activities (although I fear a wedding will cost me a game in the FA Trophy or worse yet, an FA Cup qualifying round), I started to piece together my season:

  • First Game: Home to Havant and Waterlooville (Saturday 13th August): Brilliant, always good to start off at home, and H&W briefly held a lead at Anfield, so there is a measure of warmth towards them from yours truly.
  • First Away Game: Bromley (Tuesday 16th August) : Got to get into the frame of mind of midweek away trips, and a trip to Bromley should sort that out sharpish.
  • Boxing Day (The day after Christmas Day): Home to Sutton. The perfect way to round off Christmas festivities with a Turkey and Stuffing sandwich and a trip to Meadow Park.
  • New Years Day (You should know the date): Away to Sutton. Odds are I may not be there.
  • The Longest Journey: away to Truro (Tuesday 13th March). Pray for me.
  • Last Home Game (Saturday 28th April): Tonbridge Angels. Hopefully there will be something to cheer on rather than the loss of £160.

So there you have it - now I am anxiously awaiting the 2011/2012 season. Just over a month to go, but with the first pre-season friendly on Saturday against Watford, the bug has bitten once again. Come on the Wood!

In my next blog I'll start looking at the comings and goings at Meadow Park over the summer, starting with a man who left for pastures new, but left a mark on me from a previous life.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment